Last year, our friend Jen found this recipe and passed it along to us. We had a few days of fall temps and this was one of the first recipes I wanted to have with the cooler weather We love it!
- 2 lb ground beef
- 10 hot dogs, cut into bite-sized pieces (we use Nathan’s all beef)
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce, no sugar added
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste, no sugar added
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1-3 tsp sweetener (optional–I didn’t use it)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
Brown the ground beef and onion together in a skillet. Add the hot dogs and heat through. Add the tomato sauce, paste, and spices and mix together. Place in a casserole dish, cover with the cheese, and bake til bubbly.
Because this is a big recipe and it’s just the two of us, I halved it. And since it fit just right in the skillet, I didn’t bother to put it in a casserole dish, just added the cheese to the skillet and heated til it was melted. I hope you like it as much as we do! Thanks again Jen 🙂