Cooking in this new year 2021! Mexican-style pulled pork, shown here with some lettuce and sour cream on the side. You could also use a pork loin, but we found this pork butt roast on sale this week for 99 cents a pound.
I’m hearing from so many people that they’ve strayed from keto over the holidays. And no one is happy about the weight gain, body aches, bloating, and general tiredness. If that’s your experience too, I hope you’ll jump right back on with us. Every bite of food that I ate over the holidays was fully keto, but I can feel the effects of eating too much in general, too many keto desserts, and not enough intermittent fasting. So for the next few weeks, I’m going to be tracking my intake, avoiding sweeteners, and sticking with a good 8 hour eating window.
There’s no need to beat ourselves up or waste time feeling guilty, those strategies don’t work! Let’s focus on good fatty meats like this recipe and get those ketones flowing again!
IP Mexican-Style Pulled Pork
- Cut the roast into 2 inch cubes
- Toss with the taco seasoning
- Place in instant pot and add remaining ingredients
- Pressure on high for 50 minutes and use natural pressure release
- Remove the chunks of meat and shred with two forks.
- Place meat in large skillet with about a cup of the liquid from the IP.
- Over medium high heat, cook til there are browned bits throughout and the liquid is reduced. The meat should be moist with browned bits, but not completely dry.