- Saute some onion and garlic in butter in the bottom of a soup pot.
- Add about a tablespoon of dried basil (I wish I could have found fresh, but basil isn’t in season in January!) and about a teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Add an 8 oz package of cream cheese and stir til it’s melted.
- Add in about 4 cups of chicken or beef broth a little at a time to incorporate.
- Add in a 28 oz can of diced tomatoes and about a half can of tomato paste. Be sure the tomatoes and tomato paste are without any added sugar.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the mixture til smooth.
- Add in a cup of freshly ground parmasean cheese and blend some more. (Be sure to blend the cheese in as you add it, otherwise it may sink to the bottom of the soup and stick to the bottom like mind did!)
- Salt to taste.
I estimated that it made twelve cups which comes out to 7 total carbs per cup. It was delicious!
I also made Carrie Brown’s Cheesy Biscuits to go with them. It always surprises me that non-keto eaters also like these biscuits, but they do 🙂